An advanced agricultural services business specializing in various precision farming solutions and services is seeking to employ an Agronomists and Horticulturists on a permanent basis. The business operates in South Africa and selected international markets. This is a great opportunity to learn and experience the high-tech end of the agricultural sector in a dynamic and rapidly growing company.
Identifying the needs of clients and developing potential solutions utilising leading-edge technologies, services, and/or products to support market and client growth.
Not limited to the below, the incumbent will be required to perform the following primary duties:
- Building and maintaining relationships with customers through regular onsite visits.
- Providing technical recommendations to customers based on various analyses.
- Advise client on plant nutrition and soil sciences to optimise yield and quality.
- Marketing and selling products and services.
- Achieving set budgets in line with company targets and strategy.
- Gaining extensive knowledge relating to the use and application of the company’s products within a specific geographic location and crop variations.
- Analysing horticultural yields and quality
- Preparing and presenting technical presentations to clients and industry stakeholders.
- Compile sales budgets and meeting the sales budget.
- Maintaining financial and administrative records.
- Participating in industry associations, trade shows, and conferences.
- Performing field trials.
- Conducting research and development to facilitate continuous product improvement.
- Ability to give technical advice
- Market and sell products and services
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- Fluent in English
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as on your own
- BSc in Agriculture: Horticulture/Agronomy/Soil Science/Geology – HONS will be an advantage
- Experience is not required but will be beneficial
- Own transport (diesel LDV)
- Business-related expenses will be reimbursed
- Self-starter and problem-solver that can work on their own steam and initiative
- Market-related package