The Citrus Grower Association Business Development Company is looking for a Business Support Assistant – North Region, reporting to the Manager Business Management Support.
BACKGROUND AND JOB OVERVIEW
The Business Support Unit is tasked with providing business support services to all black growers in the country, through addressing the following in each enterprise; management; employment; compliance and services. These tasks are implemented through partnerships with a wide network of stakeholders, which then necessitates that the unit to maintain good relationships internal and external stakeholders. Various enterprise development programmes are implemented by the unit in order to change the landscape of the black citrus growers in the country by ensuring that their enterprises are structured and managed in a manner that meet the requirements of a commercial farming venture and meet industry standards for commercialization.
This position will then provide support to the Business Support unit in the South Region (Cape Provinces and Southern KwaZulu Natal) in order to improve efficiency and meet the ever growing needs of the unit. This support will ensure timeous support and wider coverage of the support provided by the unit.
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS
- Assist in the identification of funding opportunities, listing them and sharing with the Manager Business Management Support for the different categories of black citrus growers;
- Assist in the funding proposal writing process;
- Participate in the project cycle management in the respective region. Coordinate the processing of agreements in connection with funding opportunities and ensure timely follow-up in terms of submission of reports.
- Assist in the collection of data for the development of business plans;
- Maintain relevant databases;
- Manage, maintain and retain existing relationships with stakeholders including representing the company different structures;
- Compile reports as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
- At least three years experience in the agricultural sector in a project implementation or resource mobilisation environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office packages
- Time management
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and demonstrate deliverables and outcomes.
- Initiative take, self-motivation and result-driven
- Fluency in English and other local languages
- National Diploma or Degree in Agricultural Management or Economics
- Project Management Training
- A valid drivers licence
- Willingness to travel
NB: The North Region covers Limpopo, Mpumalanga, North West, Northern KwaZulu Natal and Gauteng