International Manufacturing company wants to employ an Operations Manager in Mohale’s Hoek, Lesotho.The successful candidate will fulfill a senior role which involves overseeing the production of goods and/or provision of services. It will be his task to make sure the organization is running at full productivity, with a smooth efficient service that meets the expectations and needs of customers and shareholders.
- The OM will report directly to and take instruction from the Managing Director.
- He will be immediately in charge of the 2 Production managers as well as the Integrated Materials Manager.
- The ultimate responsibility for Hygiene, cleanliness, safety and productivity of production staff will lie with the Operations Manager.
- Implementing and managing a Quality Assurance program.
- To direct, supervise, and coordinate activities of the production managers engaged in the manufacturing environment, while ensuring that production outputs match the customer’s specification and requirements.
- Planning and coordination of shifts operation and all labor-related matters, including appointments.
- To direct supervise and coordinate the activities of the Integrated Materials Manager ensuring an adequate supply of raw material and stock control.
- Ensuring the adherence of personnel to the companies’ Standard Operating Procedures.
- Responsible for equipment asset management, including maintenance shutdowns etc.
- Continuous improvement in cost and productivity of the company.
- Ensuring that Occupational Health, Safety and Regulations are maintained to a set standard.
- Liaising with the Finance dept. on budgets and managing cost.
- Conducting daily and weekly meetings and reports to the Directors.
- Formal Tertiary qualification in project management or equivalent.
- An MBA would be an advantage.
- Min 5 years’ experience in Production/ Operations supervision in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of basic Health and Safety procedures.
- Ability to lead and motivate teams to high performance in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in automated systems of production planning, warehousing, and logistics as well as operational execution.