Established in the late forties, a leading manufacturer and supplier of FOOD PROCESSING machinery, worldwide, is recruiting for a Mechatronics Engineer (recent graduate). Success-driven growth has created the following vacancy:
Mechatronics Engineers: Recent graduates (Based in Paarl, Western Cape)
This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, practical, hands-on graduate Mechatronics Engineer. Essentially the company would be looking for recent graduates or junior mechatronics engineers with a couple of years of experience, but would also consider an electrical engineer.
The successful candidate must have:
- BEng or BSC Mechatronics Engineering degree.
- Recently graduated with 0 – 3 years work experience
- Good understanding of thermodynamics
- Be an innovative, practical, self-motivated person
- Strong personality and exceptional interpersonal skills, in order to deal with customers
- Demonstrated ability to take a leading role in everything electrical from design to fully operational, PLCs to Servo drives; of sophisticated machines in this expanding company.
- Must be willing to travel extensively for work both locally and internationally
- Previous exposure to the below would be advantageous:
- Siemens / Allan Bradley PLCs and software
- Servo drives
- Machine electrics design.
The primary responsibilities would include:
- Electrical and Electro-mechanical Design
- Design control systems (PLC programming)
- Produce drawings for manufacturing
- Supervision of implementation
- Installation and commissioning
- Provide on-site training to customers