A pot-plant nursery located in Krugersdorp is looking for a full-time Grower.
The appointed grower will:
- Ensure correct installation and operation of all fertigation and heating systems.
- Ensure optimum moisture and nutrient levels at all growing positions.
- Ensure optimum climatic conditions at the various production locations.
- Ensure compliance with established production protocols within the company by means of an internal auditing process.
- Conduct and submit weekly crop counts for general planning and marketing purposes.
- Manage the accurate administration of Farming for the Future / Global Gap auditing data requirements.
To successfully manage the allocated tasks candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Have a mature personality with a high degree of responsibility and a drive for excellence.
- Have sound knowledge of crop production, with a focus on fertigation and climate control.
- Have experience with the installation and maintenance of fertigation systems.
- Have experience with the operation and maintenance of hot water boilers.
- Have good administrative and computer skills (Microsoft Excel).
- Be able to effectively manage a team of dedicated staff members.
- Have a proven record in a similar position for no less than 5 years within a professional horticultural and /or agricultural organisation.
- Should have a tertiary qualification in the field of agriculture / horticulture.
- Have effective communication skills (oral and written in English). Proficiency in native South African Languages is a pre.
- Be in the possession of a valid driver's license and own transport.
- Be able and willing to occasionally work weekend shifts and verify boiler operation status during the night during the winter period.