A well-known International Animal Nutrition company is looking for a Technical Advisor (TA) Dairy for their Sales Department, to promote the sale of their range of Dairy products, and to provide technical and product support as required by the company's TA’s, customers and prospects.
To mentor and guide Junior TA’s assigned
End goal is to achieve annual budgets / objectives for the region and to increase sales volume and margins.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager
- The selling and supporting of the company's Dairy range external to current clients and prospect clients.
- To achieve monthly & yearly sales budget per customer and 5 level classification
- The building and maintaining of customer relationships.
- To maintain a regular visit schedule with customers and potential customers in order to keep current monthly sales and grow sales with prospects.
- Monitor opposition trends on pricing. on a monthly basis
- To add value to the customers. Identify needs and goals from Top 20 clients in each area on a quarterly basis
- To understand and keep abreast of the Dairy industry news and developments
- To understand the principles of Dairy nutrition
- To understand the fundamentals of forage production which will include dryland and irrigated pastures as well as other forage crops
- To maintain effective communication with customers and in-house personnel, writing of quarterly articles
- Monitor the performance of the company's products, to gather production figures from beef / sheep feedlots & supplemented farms on a monthly basis
- To play an active role in study groups & Trade shows.
- To handle the necessary administration and liaison with relevant customers/potential customers and in house personnel.
- Non-conformance reporting (External) and control thereof
- To manage and control outstanding debtors.
- Accurate and on time reports to direct Superior and Product Manager – week reports, monthly sales reports
- Accurate and professional customer reports, in writing to clients after visits
- Compiling of and keeping Dairy sector plan up to date – January & August of each year.
- Keeping to deadlines set for projects – these projects are identified as needed and focused on.
- Continually striving to improve through teamwork with other employees all related aspects of the company's business.
- Using objective measurement, identifying problems within the company and subsequently identifying the “root cause” of problems.
- Ensuring always that corrective actions taken to resolve problems are, ultimately, permanent and preventative.
- Assisting, wherever possible, to ensure that all actions, functions and processes in the company’s business are conducted in a value-added manner.
- Complying, in line with the Policy Document, departmental procedures and practices.
- Ensuring that any subordinates reporting to you are effectively communicated to with regards to their responsibilities and authorities.
- Control of any company expenditure, which may be entrusted to you, in line with the overall company budget.
- To comply with any other work-related instruction which is relayed via a superior and which is deemed to be necessary and reasonable.
- The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be revised from time to time, by agreement, in line with the company’s overall Policy Documents and operational requirements.
- The company expects the employee to carry out his/her duties and responsibilities to the best of their ability and commits itself to empower the employee with the authority to meet these requirements.
- B Agric / B.Sc. Agric
- 3 yr. Agricultural diploma
- Possession of a valid code 08/EB driver’s license
- Able to register at Professional Nutritionist
- 3 Years’ experience in similar role.
- Preferably have milling background experience
- Experience in selling and marketing
- Working knowledge with MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Problem solving
- Conflict handling skills
- Communication Skills
- Relationship building skills
- Quality Awareness
- Computer skills (MS Office)
- Written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Positive, pro-active, results-driven attitude
- Highly ethical and principle-driven
- Self-starter and follow-though
- Energy, drive, courage and tenacity
- Required to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Willing to travel extensively from time to time