A successful farming operation in Limpopo grows citrus and subtropical fruit, including the packing and processing of fruit, for export and local markets.
Job purpose: ensuring that the packed product adheres to packing orders,
specifications, and standards. manage discipline on the packhouse floor, comply with all
reasonable work instructions, outside the scope of this position, as received from
Key Accountability Areas
• Manage production input and outputs, mainly from control room to palletising
• Coordinate packing programmes and packing instruction
• Enforce Food Safety Management Systems procedures.
• Ensure that all safety inspection of your area is carried out
• Ensure that staff always adhere to Packhouse rules
• Escalate any production problems timeously to limit the impact on production.
• Ensure that staff comply with food safety & dress requirements (PPE)
Qualifications and Experience
• Matric (Grade 12)
• Minimum 1-year packhouse experience
• Must have strong communication skills
• Knowledge of PPECB standards
• Computer Literacy
• Production experience
Competencies and Skills
• Excellent leadership and people management skills; practical experience in
handling people at all levels and a strong team player.
• Able to work in a highly competitive collaborative market space
• Can-do attitude and bottom-line achiever; results-driven and able to implement
• Able to plan and execute in a structured manner
• In possession of facilitation and project management skills
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills