A leading innovative grower of berries, with farms in South Africa and globally, is recruiting an experienced, self-motivated and target-driven Agronomist for a berry test plot in Porterville, Western Cape. The position will report to the Lead Agronomist.
Purpose of the Role:
- Run a berry test plot executing basic functions to ensure trial objectives are achieved.
- Execute precise irrigation & fertigation applications per set trial.
- Precise harvesting of all trials and measured as per trial parameters.
- Data management maintained for the trial site.
- Apply fruit counts and submit weekly berry forecasts for 5 growers.
- Shadow the Lead Agronomist on key farm visits.
- Tertiary: BSc/MSc Agriculture (Horticulture) or National Diploma.
- Good understanding, experience and knowledge of good agronomic practices – young energetic person.
- Between 1-3 years’ experience in agronomy, technical advisory, plant nutrition, fertigation and crop protection.
- Broad technical knowledge of crops, products, and farming practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy is essential with good working knowledge of Microsoft packages and excellent report writing skills.
- Driving license with own transport.