One of the country’s leading fruit exporters is recruiting an Area Manager: Groblersdal / Marble Hall who will add value to the Company’s human resources talent pool. This vacancy offers a challenging role to a dynamic individual, who is motivated by deadlines and has good communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to function well under pressure.
The ideal candidate will report to the Assistant Business Manager Citrus and will be based in the Groblersdal / Marble Hall area.
- Procurement of fruit (citrus and grapes)
- Providing a service to Product Managers and Producers/Suppliers.
- Implementation and maintenance of fruit quality and food safety.
- Involvement with in-season logistics and fruit flow.
- Ensure that operational and logistical processes are carried out in accordance with market allocations and packaging instructions.
- Liaison with relevant role players.
- Provide assistance to other departments and operations.
- Public relations.
- Gather information for relevant sections.
- Provide assistance with administrative tasks.
- An appropriate tertiary qualification (preferably a degree/diploma in Agriculture/Commerce).
- Minimum 3 years experience in the management and export of fruit (preferably citrus and grapes)
- Technical knowledge of citrus fruits, packaging, and quality requirements.
- Familiarity with producers.
- Good communication skills on different levels, between colleagues, producers and third parties involved in the area
- Intermediate level of computer skills (MS Office).
- Willingness to travel.
- Own transport essential.
- GLOBALGAP, SIZA and HACCP experience will be beneficial.