Our client is a grower, packer and exporter of fruit in South Africa. They are currently looking for a suitable person to join their company as an Assistant Nursery/Farm Manager in the Nelspruit area. The incumbent will assist with the production of mainly avocado seedlings.
- Responsible for the management of the nursery and plant production
- Fertilization, chemical control, irrigation and all other aspects of the nursery, e.g. soil preparation
- Managing work teams
- Quality assurance
- Compliance with statutory and food safety requirements.
- An appropriate qualification in Agriculture (BSc-degree / B.Tech qualification)
- At least 5 years’ experience in fruit production, preferably nursery management experience.
- Knowledge of plant production practices.
- Organizational, administrative and management skills, planning, good interpersonal skills, ability to manage and motivate staff to achieve goals
- Valid driver’s license
Apply on-line at www.agrijob.co.za and send a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.