The company situated in the Waterberg of Limpopo, is an industry leader in the Production, Packing, Exporting and Marketing of Certified Organic produce. Both Organic Fruit (Stone Fruit and Appels) and Organic Vegetables (Sweet Potatoes and Cucurbits) are produced Organically on large scale for Export and Local Markets.
They are looking for a Chief Operating Officer; responsible for overseeing the day to day company operational functions, ensuring that instructions are carried out, whilst achieving the company business objectives, also developing strategies to organically grow the company.
Reporting to the C.E.O.
Subordinates – Production Departments (Orchards, Agronomy, Packhouse and
- Oversee and direct the entire production division
- Ensure proper management of resources, distribution of goods and services to customers, and supply chain
- Ensure agreed strategies are implemented and compliance with regulatory authorities is maintained
- Provide leadership in achieving profit objectives
- Certify that appropriate internal systems, policies, procedures and controls are in place to ensure efficient and cost-effective operations
- Maintain consistent and effective communication with the Chief Executive Officer, implementing his directives
- Advise and support the senior management team with financial planning, budgeting, and decision making
- Project Management.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Operational Leadership
- Execute the company’s business plan
- Spearheading of new initiatives
- Weekly Production Meetings – minuted and tracked
- After-hour standby support for production managers
- Project Management
- Oversee Day-to-Day Operations
- Initiating departmental reporting deadlines
- Consolidation of production reports for weekly reporting to C.E.O on behalf of production
- Reporting “red flags” immediately
- Ensuring departments’ documents and records are audit compliant
- Annual budget compilation in conjunction with Production Managers
- Monthly budget meeting with Production Managers to analyse and justify expenditure
- Weekly reports
- Production VS Budget
- Tertiary Management or Agricultural qualification
- Ten (10) years + practical experience in operations management.
- Knowledge and experience in organic / biological methodology will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of apple, stone fruit, cucurbit-crops and sweet potato an advantage
- Computer skilled
- Christian values
- Fully bilingual
- Disciplined and firm
- Must be able to function in a team and individually as required
- Innovative thinker