COFCO International South Africa (Pty) Ltd has an opportunity for a dynamic individual to fulfill an agricultural economic role in this Company’s farming division.
Ideal candidate must have a minimum tertiary qualification, BSc Agriculture or BCom Agricultural Economics degree, proven work experience of minimum 1 to 2 years will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of the grain industry and agricultural economic services will support the application.
- Computer literate – MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- High attention to detail.
- The ability to be proactive, to work independently and under pressure.
- Good interpersonal and organizing skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist Agriculture Economics Lead with:
- The Constructing of Farming Unit Budgets.
- Budget Projections and budget analysis (actual vs budget) and reporting to relevant role players.
- Stock Management.
- Helping with procurement process and payments of inputs for season.
- Taking part in logistics (ensure timely delivery of inputs on farms; farm loading and planning in harvesting season).
- Start up and management of farming operations data, which include statistical, historical analysis and benchmarking.
- Contract management.
- Account management (suppliers & farmers).
- Ad hoc duties.
- Can also be of assistance to Agronomic lead from time to time.
- Processing of data to enable faster turn-around time on reporting as well as statistical analyses on data sets.
- Assist in consolidation of information to allow Ag Econ Lead to focus on analysis and reporting.
- Handle scheduling for both input deliveries as well as farm loading of crops.