A diversified agricultural company requires a farm manager at their berry farming operation in Limpopo. Blueberries, Raspberries and gooseberries are produced.
Responsibilities: Overall responsibility for the production and harvesting of berries:
- irrigation scheduling and application, maintenance of pump stations, main and dripper lines,
- insect, weed & disease management,
- trellising, pruning.
- staff management including training, job appraisals, grievance and disciplinary procedures,
- control of labour costs,
- preparation of budgets,
- food safety and quality audits and certification,
- maintenance of roads, fencing and buildings,
- ordering of goods & services.
Requirements: BSc (Agric) or National Diploma in Horticulture, Agronomy, Soil Science or applicable field of specialisation will be a recommendation. Must have a passion for horticulture. Must have an understanding of production practices, and be systematic in his/her approach. Good interpersonal skills and managerial capabilities.