A South African fruit company established in 2005 that specialises in the production of soft citrus fruit is looking for a Human Resource Administrator for their Nelspruit orchard.
The company owns and manages citrus orchards in the following regions:
- Letsitele in the Limpopo province;
- Burgersfort valley, on the border between the Mpumalanga and Limpopo provinces;
- Nelspruit in Mpumalanga; and
- Heidelberg and Swellendam in the Southern Cape.
Geographical diversification allows for the extension of the fruit packing season and further provides for reduced risk exposure of the orchards as a whole to area specific climatic events.
The HR Administrator is the first point of contact within the designated business unit for all HR related transactional and administrative activities such as documenting operational processes and maintaining employee records. The HR Administrator shall operate within the group strategy promoting and upholding the companies’ business goals, objectives, and values.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITY AREAS
(A) Transactional HR
• Maintain the complete employee life cycle – on-boarding to exit
• Administration of employment contracts, recruitment, and interview process
• Employee orientation and training
• Wage and benefits administration
• Administrate/lead: Workers Committees, Housing Committees, Health and Safety Committees
• Employee records and statistics – leave, absenteeism, productivity and loans
(B) Compliance and Governance
• Labour legislation and compliance audits
• Reporting on Employment Equity plans and submission
• Workplace skills plans
• Maintenance of statutory committees – Department of Labour
(C) Management Support
• Employee induction
• Maintain and advise on company policies and procedures
• Advise, plan and arrange disciplinary hearings
• Training and development
• Skills audits, gap analysis and training interventions
• Co-ordinate staff wellness and events
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• A Bachelor's degree or diploma and/or equivalent qualification in human resources, business management, or a related field.
• At least 5 years’ HR experience as an administrator/manager.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
• Solid knowledge of transactional HR practice, good business acumen and the potential to learn continuously
• Self-motivated, with high standard of excellence and attention to detail
• Flexible, able to manage time, think proactively, and find appropriate solutions to problems
• Build strong collaborative relationships with employee and management teams
• Handle multiple priorities simultaneously (function under pressure)
• Demonstrate high levels of integrity and maintain confidentiality
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal) in English
Candidates meeting the above criteria, may apply online with a personal message and a detailed CV.