A dynamic processor of dried and processed food products, ranging from garlic, sundried tomatoes and other vegetables, is recruiting a Human Resources Manager.
Job purpose: The Human Resource Officer/Manager is the first point of contact all HR-related aspects. The HR Officer/Manager shall operate within the companies’ strategy promoting and upholding the companies’ business goals, objectives, and values.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITY AREAS
(A) Transactional HR
• Maintain the complete employee life cycle – on-boarding to exit
• Manage the administration of employment contracts, recruitment, and interview process
• Manage and implement employee orientation and training
• Oversee wage and benefits administration
• Administrate/lead: Workers Committees, Housing Committees, Health and Safety Committees
• Manage and oversee employee records and statistics – leave, absenteeism, productivity, and loans
(B) Compliance and Governance
• Labour legislation and compliance audits
• Reporting on Employment Equity plans and submission
• Workplace skills plans
• Maintenance of statutory committees – Department of Labour
(C) Management Support
• Employee induction
• Maintain and advise on company policies and procedures
• Advise, plan and arrange disciplinary hearings
• Skills audits, gap analysis and training interventions
• Co-ordinate staff wellness and events
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• A Bachelor's degree or diploma and/or equivalent qualification in human resources, business management, or a related field.
• At least 3 to 5 years HR experience as an officer/manager.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
• Solid knowledge of all HR/Labour legal requirements and compliances as well as transactional HR practice, good business acumen, and the potential to learn continuously
• Self-motivated, with a high standard of excellence and attention to detail
• Flexible, able to manage time, think proactively and find appropriate solutions to problems
• Build strong collaborative relationships with employee and management teams
• Demonstrate high levels of integrity and maintain confidentiality
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal) in English