A dynamic industry organization, Fresh Produce Exporters Forum, runs a number of initiatives to bring about transformation in the fresh fruit export industry. This Graduate Internship Programme places high caliber graduates in junior commercial The FPEF Graduate Internship Program places high caliber graduates in junior commercial, logistics and technical (post-harvest quality management) roles at various South African fruit export companies for one year at various South African fruit export companies for one year, potentially leading to long term career opportunities. The aim of this programme is to integrate a growing group of talented black individuals into the commercial and operational heart of the industry. This is your opportunity to enter the dynamic, fast-growing, and competitive world of post-harvest fruit handling, international fruit trade and marketing.
- Intern responsibilities: The job entails analysing fruit quality reports when received from overseas clients, capturing them on the system, identifying the root cause of the quality issue and challenging the validity of the claim as relevant, communicating with clients to challenge/better understand claims, communicating with growers to explain claims. The job is office-bound and there is a high level of routine admin involved.
There is a long term career opportunity for the successful candidate.
- Degree: BSc in Horticulture, Plant Pathology, Food Science or similar
- Attention to detail, analytical and systematic approach to problem-solving
- High level of computer literacy and the ability to learn how to use the stock management system
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English to communicate with overseas clients
- Verbal Afrikaans will be beneficial but not essential (work environment and growers are predominantly Afrikaans)
- Collaborative teamwork and leadership skills
- Ambitious, self-motivated and results-driven
- Problem-solver able to perform well under pressure
- Integrity, sound ethics and high standards for self and others
- Applicants must be under the age of 30.
Remuneration: The respective organisations undertake to provide mentorship and market-related remuneration as applicable to interns.
To apply - Apply on-line
Inquiries: Majella van der Arend: firstname.lastname@example.org