The Fresh Produce Exporters Forum (FPEF) is the industry body representing the fresh produce exporters of South Africa. The FPEF employs a number of initiatives to bring about transformation in the fresh fruit export industry. The FPEF Graduate Internship Program places high calibre graduates in junior commercial, logistics, and technical (post-harvest quality management) roles at various South African fruit export companies for one year, potentially leading to long term career opportunities. The aim of this programme is to integrate a growing group of talented black individuals into the commercial heart of the industry. This is your opportunity to enter the dynamic, fast-growing, and competitive world of international fruit sales and marketing!
A FPEF member, a family-owned producer and exporter of the finest quality Lemons, Grapefruit, Valencia Oranges and Macadamia nuts is seeking to hire a Commerce/Marketing intern to be based at the offices in Letsitele, Limpopo.
Role Objective - To Assist in ensuring the accurate and cost-efficient fulfillment of the companies export marketing plan through the implementation and management of processes and systems required for market access registration, stock- and logistics
management, export administration and debtors control.
- Market Access Administration
- Stock Management – from pack plan through to the arrival of fruit
- Export and General Marketing Administration
- Debtors Control (if applicable)
- Managing both customer and service provider relationships professionally and efficiently towards the enhancement of the company profile
- Attending relevant Industry Workshops (if applicable)
Knowledge, skills and personal attributes:
- Quick understanding of all market access requirements
- Quick understanding of stock- and export logistics management
- Quick understanding of customs rules and other export requirements
- Quick understanding of debtors management
- Computer and system literate – Excel / Outlook / Other
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong capability in troubleshooting and problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder communication skills
- Strong ability to plan, prioritise and take actions according to set deadlines
- Self-motivated: Is self-driven, self-motivated, and enthusiastic
- Positive attitude & eagerness to work in the marketing/admin team
- Team player: Able to work efficiently with others to achieve an optimal outcome
- Willing to live away from the city (farm life).
Education and experience required:
- Logistics / Marketing / Economics, BAgric Agricultural Economics, or similar with affinity to agriculture
- Any experience in fruit export administration will be an advantage
- Other experience in an agricultural or export business will be an advantage
- Fluent in English, Afrikaans will be an advantage
- Must have the ability to work remotely and/or over weekends / after hours when required
Starting date - 1 Feb 2021