A leading vegetable grower supplying major retailers in Gauteng requires a Junior Admin/ Technical Assistant for their Quality Assurance and Occupational Health and Safety team.
The farm is well developed, with 430 of the 500 ha currently under vegetation. Operations include large scale farming using conventional farming techniques as well as hydroponics and processing, packing, and distribution.
They are seeking a dedicated Junior Admin/ Technical Assistant (Quality Assurance and Occupational Health and Safety, OHS) to join their team. In this position, the candidate will assist in all administrative tasks and assist in ensuring that food safety procedures are implemented and maintained throughout the entire farm and that all quality and food safety related requirements are adhered to.
- General administrative duties include but not limited to updating of final product specifications, filing, report writing etc.
- Checking that all farm records are completed correctly, accurately and the most current version is used.
- Assist with all admin for Audits.
- All admin for Management systems.
- Updating and/or drafting of environmental policies, Quality Assurance and Occupational Health and Safety documentation
And assist the Quality Assurance and Occupational Health and Safety team with:
- Ensure that all products manufactured in the facility and on the farm are of top quality, as per product specifications and customer expectations
- Investigate quality and food safety issues that arise and implement corrective and preventative actions.
- Assisting with rapid internal hygiene/microbiological tests to ensure that the product conforms to hygiene/microbiological specifications.
- Ensuring that strict hygiene food safety standards are met, and hygiene monitoring is done according to the schedule
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Knowledge of High-Risk production areas
- Knowledge of microbiological procedures
- Knowledge of Food Safety standards
- Project and time management skills
- Strong administrative skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel etc.)
- Own initiative
- Problem-solving ability
- Ability to work individually as well as in a team
- National Diploma in Food Technology/Food Science or related field, or studying towards a National Diploma in these fields.
- Experience working with Microbiology and OHS is advantageous.