A leading vegetable grower supplying major retailers in Gauteng requires a Junior Technical Quality Assurance Supervisor for their Quality Assurance and Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) team.
The farm is well developed, with 430 of the 500 ha currently under vegetation. Operations include large scale farming using conventional farming techniques as well as hydroponics and processing, packing, and distribution.
They are seeking a dedicated Junior Technical Quality Assurance Supervisor to join their team. In this position, the candidate will assist the Technical Management to ensure that food safety procedures are implemented and maintained throughout the entire farm and that all quality and fand that all quality and food safety related requirements are adhered to. Reporting to the Technical Manager.
- Graduate in BSc Food Science or Agriculture or similar (with interest in Post-Harvest, Quality Control)
- Relevant Food Safety qualification is an advantage: General knowledge of quality standards-essential.
- Experience gained in a similar role is advantageous
- Experience working with Microbiology and OHS is advantageous.
- Fluent in English
- Understanding of Afrikaans is beneficial
Key Competencies Required
- Knowledge of High-Risk production areas
- Knowledge of microbiological procedures
- Teamwork and professional relations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Problem Solving/Decision making
- Service Delivery
- Leadership skills
- Accuracy and Quality
- Technical Knowledge
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel etc.)
- Own initiative