An established wine farm in the Constantia area is seeking to employ a young, dynamic Vineyard / Farm Manager to join their team for the season. The job entails a strong task, hands-on approach, good attention to detail and close follow-up with a well-trained viticultural team.
Constantia, Western Cape
Salary: Market Related
Job Type: Seasonal: ASAP – 31 May 2020, with the possibility to extend.
Lodging: Can be discussed
- Agriculture Diploma/Degree advantageous
- Computer literacy in MS Office (excel, outlook, word) and internet usage
- Administrative and management experience
- TECHNICAL knowledge in the field is essential
- People management experience
- Skills in maintenance (electric, mechanical).
- Strong organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- This position will report to the Winemaker and Viticulturist.
Production management in the vineyard:
Plan farming activities in close co-operation with the Viticulturist.
- Implement crop control, canopy management (as per the season) establishment of vines, and management of the soil program as discussed with the viticulturist.
- Manage irrigation schedule, weeds and pests to ensure optimal crops.
- Liaise with suppliers and contractors to ensure the smooth operation of the farm.
- Work within best practice environmental guidelines.
- Ensure any development work is undertaken with appropriate consents.
- Effective workforce management, coordination, and development.
- Maintain records and documentation.
Estate Maintenance / environment:
- Develop, review and manage repairs and maintenance scheduled for all plant material, machinery, and infrastructure.
- Ensure security rules and policies on the farm are understood and adhered to.
- Work actively as a team member in developing and achieving Company objectives.
- Monitor seasonal expenditure in line with the budgeted cash flow.
- Supervise day-to-day activity, organize rosters and schedule tasks/activities that need to be undertaken.
- Maintain employment records.
- Ensure that health and safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to.
- Ensure new staff are inducted and aware of company policies and are given role clarity.
- Organizing and planning
- Dependable work
- Interpersonal skills
- Energy and Drive
- Quality orientation