A South African fruit company established in 2005 that specialises in the production of soft citrus fruit is looking for a Logistics Manager for their Nelspruit orchard.
The company owns and manages citrus orchards in the following regions:
- Letsitele in the Limpopo province;
- Burgersfort valley, on the border between the Mpumalanga and Limpopo provinces;
- Nelspruit in Mpumalanga; and
- Heidelberg and Swellendam in the Southern Cape.
Geographical diversification allows for the extension of the fruit packing season and further provides for reduced risk exposure of the orchards as a whole to area specific climatic events.
The Logistics Manager will be responsible for management & coordination of all inbound raw product & outbound final loads. Ensuring that all stock received is allocated & handled correctly, ensuring the final dispatched product adheres to all applicable instructions, specifications and standards, and ensure timeous dispatch of product for packhouse.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITY AREAS
• Supervise, Coordinate & plan all incoming & outgoing load according to agreed volumes from the grower & Marketing team.
• Manage truck bookings, ensure truck loading according to order and oversee truck / container inspections
• Floor organisation, managing different types of product
• Liaise with PPECB - handle inspection bookings, record and handle rejections as per management instruction.
• Generate & issue documents (consignments) for each load received / dispatched according to protocol
• Staging and allocation of product (raw & packed) according to orders - organise & monitor staging and racking area.
• Manage and enforce food safety system procedures and compliance; compile records as instructed.
• Seasonal worker employment - Ensure that staff attend the compulsory induction training, manage staff performance, discipline & training
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
2 - 4 years' relevant logistics managerial experience
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
• Proven MS Office proficiency (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint etc.)
• Strong administrative capabilities
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Problem-solving capabilities
• Excellent time management
• Attention to detail
• Adaptable and decisive
• Ability to work under pressure & meet deadlines
Candidates meeting the above criteria, may apply online with a personal message and a detailed CV.