A successful commercial fruit farming and marketing operation, located in Stellenbosch, requires the services of a dynamic Marketing Officer. The company supplies to retailers, wholesalers and other markets. The position involves marketing and selling of fresh produce, the establishment of relations within the industry, co-ordination of logistics and deliveries and identifying new markets.
The ideal candidate for the position has:
- Knowledge of agricultural products, grades and standards;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills;
- Above average computer skills;
- The ability to take the lead, must have planning skills and ability to implement.
- The position demands high intellectual and physical demands on the incumbent who may include long hours during the season and sometimes work on Saturdays.
- Preferably an appropriate tertiary qualification backed by at least one year's experience (experience gained during student holidays will also be regarded as experience).
The position offers excellent career opportunities with a market-related remuneration package and benefits.