A leading innovative grower of berries, with farms in South Africa and globally, is recruiting a highly energetic, driven, assertive Nursery Manager, someone who understands commercial Nursery management demands. The Nursery Manager will report to the Farm Business Manager. The position is based in George, in the Western Cape.
This job entails the supply, propagation and management of all soft fruit plants. Advanced substrate horticultural practices are required for all propagation.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Horticulture or Agriculture.
- At least 3 years’ Nursery Management experience in a commercial nursery and/or an intensive substrate propagation facility.
- Knowledge or experience in tissue culture production would be beneficial.
- Must have a passion for growing with high attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work under pressure.
- Outstanding organisational skills.
- Computer literacy is essential with good working knowledge of Microsoft packages.
- Previous exposure to the management of a substantial workforce will be beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills is a requirement.
- A system driven procedural approach by nature will be beneficial to the candidate.
- Driving license & own transport to get to work.