A successful food & beverage company, part of a large corporate business, supplies ingredients and commodities to the dairy, beverage, wine, meat, bakery, health and nutrition industries. They are now recruiting for an Operations and Technical Manager, reporting to the Managing Executive. Purpose of the job: to be responsible and accountable for operations and technical teams in line with company strategy.
Required outputs: Functional
- Responsible and accountable for operations teams in line with company strategy.
- Review and improve production processes, procedures, and methods.
- Annual production budgets and cost control.
- Sites adhere to OHS, ISO, best practices, and standards – Section 16.2 appointee.
- Manage labour relations matters.
- Procurement and stock control.
Qualifications and expertise required (Must)
- Strategic leadership
- Safety awareness
- Planning and organising
- Work standards
- Customer service orientation
- Delegation of authority
- Matric / Grade 12.
- Degree(s) in Chemistry.
- Minimum of 7 years working experience in the Food Industry.
- Relevant management experience.
- Good understanding of Employment Act, ISO Quality and Environmental Standards and Safety Principles.
- IT literate
Competencies (skills, knowledge, and characteristics)