COFCO International is a global agri-business with a clear vision, strong values and a positive culture. With 11,000+ people in 35 countries, COFCO International is the overseas agriculture business platform for COFCO Corporation, China's largest food and agriculture company. Cofco International South Africa (Pty) Ltd is recruiting for an Operations: Trade Execution Coordinator (Expeditor)
This team focuses on the customer relationship and is the primary contact for the customer & internal parties.
Collaborate with the internal teams to ensure coordinated tasks are completed efficiently to support business objectives and customers.
The primary focus of this role is on activities related to contract execution, planning and customer service.
Excellence in Execution: Customer facing
- Enter and complete all entries of commodity movements data in the system
- Reconcile all contracts and investigate and resolve stock differences in collaboration with the inventory coordinator
- Measure margins on physical delivery
- Ensure settlement of all contracts once completed and in accordance with contract payment terms
- Inform customers about order status, invoices, contract balances and other information needed to complete the sale
- Planning for customer contract delivery in collaboration with the logistics team
- Identify efficiency & cost-saving opportunities in the supply chain
- Resolve all customer queries as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Collaborate with all internal teams to ensure coordinated tasks are completed efficiently to support business objectives and customers
- Other duties as assigned
- Handle basic issues and problems, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff
- Maintain a good relationship with customers
- Maintain good relationships and open communications with all related internal parties
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or
- 5 years experience in a similar role
- Exposure to the Food/Feed/Agri commodity sector will be an advantage
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Excellent Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Good communication skills
- Fluent in English and in Afrikaans languages
- Solution-oriented and pro-active problem solving
- Dedicated and diligent
- Ability to work as part of a team but also reach individual goals
- Adaptable to change & the ability to work under pressure
- Comfortable working after hours
Specific overview of role and responsibilities
- This role requires a high level of administration. The majority of the admin work is compiled on Microsoft Excel and exported to a complex integrated ERP system.
- Daily and consistent liaisons with customers regarding requirements, planning, offload points, stock levels, delays at offloading points etc.
- Daily and consistent liaisons with logistics. Narrow line between Execution and Logistics – your demand is what they must supply.
- Collaboration with various departments, specifical traders re customer requirements; Invoicing and Contract & Inventory desk.
- Consistent communication with the customer, occurs after hours, on weekends – with transporters and shipping ports.
- Fast-paced, high-pressure work environment.
- Daily movements (avg): Depends on clients; approximately 25,000-30,000 tons per month per coordinator.
- Seasonal harvest (avg): Depends on clients; approximately 40,000+ tons per month per coordinator.
- Ad hoc Vessel Exports and Imports: 10+ vessels per annum, 3rd party loads, port loads.
- Hours 07h00 – 17h00 with overtime as required
- Direct report to Trade Execution Team Lead
- Matrix reporting to Operations Manager
- Market related base salary with benefits
- Discretionary annual performance bonus and increase
- The season runs from March to September
- Financial Year-end is December
- All applications must be submitted via the CIL Careers platform: www.cofcointernational.com