An established family farm in the Harrismith, requires the services of an experienced orchard manager to be responsible for the overall management of the deciduous fruit orchards.
The position involves the overall management of all activities and processes relating to the orchards, and includes:
• Management of all staff and labour;
• Managing of all horticultural activities in the orchards in a sustainable and scientific way;
• Allocation of resources and input for orchards;
• Compiling and updating of all records according to GLOBALGAP standards;
• Compiling and updating budgets.
• Relevant tertiary education;
• Minimum of 5 years experience of apple and stone fruit farming;
• Must work independently as well as in a team;
• Must be able to maintain good interpersonal relationships;
• Must have organizational capabilities;
• Computing and administrative skills.
Ambitious, passionate and hands-on individuals can apply. A competitive remuneration package is
negotiable and includes outcomes-based