The industry organization, Fresh Produce Exporters Forum, runs a number of initiatives to bring about transformation in the fresh fruit export industry. The FPEF Graduate Placement Program places high caliber graduates in junior commercial, logistics and technical (post-harvest quality management) roles at various South African fruit export companies for one year, potentially leading to long term career opportunities. The aim of this programme is to integrate a growing group of talented black individuals into the commercial and operational heart of the industry.
This is your opportunity to enter the dynamic, fast-growing, and competitive world of post-harvest fruit handling, international fruit trade and marketing.
The job entails
- analysing fruit quality reports when received from overseas clients,
- capturing them on the system,
- identifying the root cause of the quality issue and challenging the validity of the claim as relevant,
- communicating with clients to challenge/better understand claims,
- communicating with growers to explain claims.
- The job is office-bound and there is a high level of routine admin involved.
- Degree: BSc in Horticulture, Plant Pathology, Food Science or similar
- Attention to detail, analytical and systematic approach to problem-solving
- High level of computer literacy and the ability to learn how to use the stock management system
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English to communicate with overseas clients
- Verbal Afrikaans will be beneficial but not essential (work environment and growers are predominantly Afrikaans)
- Collaborative teamwork and leadership skills
- Ambitious, self-motivated and results-driven
- Problem-solver able to perform well under pressure
- Integrity, sound ethics and high standards for self and others
- Applicants must be under the age of 30.
The respective organisations undertake to provide mentorship and market-related remuneration as applicable to interns.
To apply - Apply on-line
Inquiries: Majella van der Arend: email@example.com