A dynamic citrus production and export company requires a strong individual for their Procurement & Quality Manager position at their Head Office in Tzaneen.
- Procurement - identify potential producers, and establish them as growers supplying to the company.
- Manage the existing producer base, negotiate contracts, manage relations.
- Harvest planning - process of harvest information, work with the marketing department, communicate marketing and packing plan with producers.
- Networking and Public Relations - maintain sound relations with producers, attend industry events.
- Quality assurance - co-ordinate quality assurance activities, manage and communicate international quality reports and implement remedial action where applicable, international market visits during the season, when quality issues arise. Compiling of quality reports for international events such as Fruit Logistica Berlin and Asia.
- Technical support: MRL monitoring, CRI information - interpret and communicate. Co-ordination of orders and controlling of CHEP account.
The ideal candidate will have:
Tertiary qualification in agriculture, commerce or related field. 2-5 years of experience in working with producers in the agricultural industry, has a good understanding of how export markets work, must be willing to learn, must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Basic competitive salary offered, plus commission per carton.