Production Manager – fruit (Mozambique)
A dynamic Agri-business based in the Mpumalanga Lowveld specializes in the production, packing and marketing of a variety of subtropical fruits. They are now recruiting a Production Manager for their operations in Mozambique.
Responsibilities include management of all the processes during establishment and maintenance of orchards, including growing, plant nutrition, pest & disease management, harvesting, post-harvest handling, staff management, budget management, i.e. drawing up of budgets, control of expenses.
- Matric, and an applicable tertiary qualification will be an advantage.
- At least 8 -10 years’ experience with subtropical fruit farming, related crops or nursery management. Must have good interpersonal skills, experience to work with labour, and ability to work independently.
- Computer skill: Good on excel, spreadsheets, calculations, etc.
- Knowledge in farm budgeting. Understanding production standards.
- Good labour management skills. Working with the large labour force.
- Sound knowledge in Irrigation: Installation, scheduling, and maintenance
- General knowledge in basic soil chemistry (fertiliser application)
- Willing to farm in an isolated area in Mozambique.
Salary package highly negotiable.