A successful diverse fruit farming operation is recruiting a Quality Assurance Manager for one of their citrus operations in Mbombela.
Job purpose: Responsible for overseeing quality assurance & compliance management and administrative
processes in the company.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITY AREAS
• Manage and report on quality by analysing information from growers, packhouse and market arrival
• Oversee packhouse quality & compliance and continual updates of new regulations & reviews.
• Handle quality and compliance-related communication with growers and exporters.
• Oversee the quality team with regards to daily operations, testing procedures, and communication.
• Report on; administer & analyse quality and compliance-related documentation
• Handle improvements & updates of the compliance system based on changes in operation as well as
• Audit preparation, coordination, and closing out non-conformances for certification.
• Conduct internal auditing to ascertain level and compliance.
• Facilitates risk assessments and meetings.
• Oversee Occupational Health & Safety
• Ongoing training and development of staff
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Grade 12
• Internal Auditor qualification and experience
• Global Standard for Food Safety, FSSC, BRC, and Global Gap experience and certification
• Citrus QA experience will be advantageous
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and numerical abilities are crucial
• Excellent computer skills (MS Office)
• Effective handling of detailed information and consistent attention to detail
• Must be a team player
• Ability to work with little supervision and track multiple processes
Candidates meeting the above criteria may apply online.