The Milk Producers' Organisation has a vacancy for a Regional Member Manager in the Western Cape:
- The RMM is responsible for handling the most important member accounts in a region by building and maintaining a strong relationship with the members.
- The identified members will be the lead point of contact for all member matters by anticipating the member’s needs and helping the member to succeed.
- The RMM will also bring in new business from existing members or contacts and will develop new relationships with potential members.
- The RMM is also responsible as Liaison between members of the Milk Producers’ Organisation, Board and Executive Committee members, the Head Office of the Milk Producers’ Organisation and affiliated organisations within the Dairy Industry.
- The purpose of the position is to liaise and network with industry professionals to generate funds for projects (fundraising) and to effectively organise and coordinate projects (event planning).
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Developing a solid and trusting relationship between members of the MPO and the MPO.
- Resolving member issues and complaints.
- Developing a complete understanding of member needs.
- Anticipating member changes and improvements.
- Managing communications between members and internal teams to ensure that they stay abreast of all relevant information (This includes verbal and written communication in a professional manner).
- Strategic planning together with the member to improve member results.
- Establishing and overseeing internal budgets with the company.
- Working within a matrix of the MPO to ensure that all member needs are met.
- Planning and presenting reports on member progress, goals, and quarterly initiatives to share with team members analyzing member data to provide customer relationship management.
- Expanding relationships and bringing in new members.
- Close cooperation with the training manager in all marketing efforts of training to members and organizing of training according to the training needs of the members. Work together with the training manager in supporting the training needs of the members.
- Effectively communicate and network with professionals in the dairy industry in order to generate funds for projects (Fundraising), in a professional manner.
- Organise, manage and coordinate projects and meetings effectively.
- This includes the coordination of invitations, information packs, agendas, attendance registers and name tags for conferences and roadshows.
- Responsible to ensure that projects are conducted on time and within budget.
- Preparation and adherence to a project timeline.
- Ensure member membership debts are settled.
- Site visits across the region of responsibility, to relevant event venues, members and sponsors.
- Weekly reporting to the to the Manager: Customer Services
- Provide member data to the Database Administrator on a regular basis to ensure the database is always up to date.
- General management of the regional office.
- Ensure up to date administration and record-keeping of relevant database and filing.
- Coordinate catering for central committee meetings.
- Liaise and coordinating actions between sponsor companies, management, and the media.
- Ad- hoc duties.
- The RMM must perform all reasonable and lawful tasks as allocated or instructed by his/ her seniors, which fall within the skills and abilities of the RMM.
- This includes attending business functions on behalf of the relevant region of the Milk Producers’ Organisation, as and when required.
- A tertiary qualification in agriculture with special focus on dairy will be an advantage.
- The employee must have at least three (3) years’ relevant experience.
- A drivers’ license is essential.
- The employee must be fluent in English. The ability to speak or understand Afrikaans or at least one African language that is prevalent in a particular region will be an advantage.
- If necessary, the regional member manager should be able to work from home.
- Must be prepared to travel around the Region.
- COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
- Experience and knowledge of the agricultural industry are preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) is essential.
- The RMM must have excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Effective time-management skills are essential.
- A strong interpersonal relationship with all relevant stakeholders, role player and colleagues across the Milk Producers’ Organisation and its affiliates are essential.
- The RMM manager must be a pro-active, innovative, creative, assertive and disciplined individual who can work independently to ensure deadlines are met and that all duties are conducted thoroughly and professionally.
- A basic understanding of the dairy industry and the functions of the Milk Producers’ Organisation will be an advantage.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- In-depth understanding of key members and their position in the industry
- Able to analyze data and other statistics and translate this into better solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be a listener, a presenter, and a people-person
- Strong negotiation skills, with ability follow-through on members’ needs
This is a fulltime employment.
- All the provisions of the Basic Conditions of Employment Act are applicable.
- The RMM must be able to travel to visit producers and when necessary for events during time of conferences, road shows and other relevant functions.
8 PATTERSON GRADING
- This position is graded as C1 on the Patterson system
- SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of a RMM, but to be used as a clear guideline.