A South African fruit company established in 2005 that specialises in the production of soft citrus fruit is looking for a Training Coordinator for their Nelspruit orchard.
The company owns and manages citrus orchards in the following regions:
- Letsitele in the Limpopo province;
- Burgersfort valley, on the border between the Mpumalanga and Limpopo provinces;
- Nelspruit in Mpumalanga; and
- Heidelberg and Swellendam in the Southern Cape.
Geographical diversification allows for the extension of the fruit packing season and further provides for reduced risk exposure of the orchards as a whole to area specific climatic events.
The Training Coordinator will be responsible for managing, designing, developing, coordinating, and conducting all training programmes.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITY AREAS
• Evaluate employee performance and gauge were skills or knowledge needs improvement.
• Communicate with managers to identify training needs and map out development plans for teams and individuals.
• Train new employees on company induction, policies, and procedures.
• Create training schedules for all departments, track and report on outcomes.
• Design and develop training programmes (outsourced and/or in-house)
• Use known education principles and stay up to date on new training methods and techniques.
• Design, prepare and order educational aids and materials.
• Assess instructional effectiveness and determine the impact of training on employee skills and KPIs.
• Manage training budget.
• Create, maintain, and update training manuals & files.
• Coordinate all health and safety training and promote a positive culture in the workplace.
• Liaise with different Department Managers ensuring their staff are trained, evaluating their developing training needs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Relevant training / teaching experience
Must be fluent in Siswati
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
• Be able to plan and organise well
• Possess good communication skills (languages: English, Siswati and/or any other)
• Data gathering and analysis skills
• Proficient in problem analysis and problem solving
• Possess good judgement, be a team player and be adaptable
• Good presentation, facilitation and coaching skills
Candidates meeting the above criteria, may apply online with a personal message and a detailed CV.