A dynamic, private for-profit, but purpose driven organisation based in South Africa, with the goal to create global impact through the development of a new generation of successful African entrepreneurs. The company operates in line with the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals (SGDs). Focusing on SDG 2 (Zero Hunger), and through its Agricultural subsidiary, the organisation aims to develop African young men and women into successful agricultural entrepreneurs who will be able to responsibly establish successful and growth-oriented agri-enterprises, producing nutritious and health food to guarantee global food security while creating jobs and increasing prosperity.
Their Agricultural subsidiary focuses on both Commercial Production as well as Training. As a Training Director - Agriculture you will be tasked to lead both their local and global Training initiatives in the Agriculture sector.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- As a member of the organisations Managing Board, the Training Director - Agriculture is jointly responsible with the Managing Director for the Agricultural subsidiary's corporate Training strategy and direction. The Training Director - Agriculture is specifically responsible for:
- Designing, Developing, planning and implementing an innovative, effective and ambitious Agriculture Training strategy aligned with the objectives of the company.
- Consistently evaluate current programs and investigate better and more advance methodologies and industry specific innovations as well as looking at social studies presenting more effective ways to train in the Agriculture industry.
- Overseeing quality of the implementation (time, budget, schedules and deliverables) of the different training programmes and training partners.
- Design, Develop and implement policies and procedures for the training department that supports and ensures company objectives are met and governance and the health and safety of team and students are adhered to.
- Resource mobilisation and relationship management with all stake holders (corporate sponsors, Clients and training partners).
- Positioning the Agricultural subsidiary as a global player in the Agriculture sector in the international development arena.
- Ensuring outstanding results and a high level of quality in our Agriculture Training programmes.
- Overseeing the performance and composition of both our local (and later global staff) and the development of their potential.
- Monitoring and steering the financial performance of the Agriculture Training sector.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SELECTION CRITERIA
- Passion for Agricultural subsidiary’s mission to make a lasting difference in the lives of millions of people living in poverty.
- In-depth understanding of traditional and modern training methods (Including workshops, simulations, e-learning and coaching).
- Excellent knowledge of current thinking in Agriculture Training.
- Significant experience and proven track record of developing and executing Agriculture Training initiatives in a competitive context.
- Strong network and visibility with main corporate sponsors and partners relevant to the Agricultural subsidiary and the Agriculture sector, with entrepreneurial skills.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in multidisciplinary senior management positions.
- Exemplary leadership skills and extensive experience in creating and leading high performance teams.
- High level of integrity and credible player in development.
- Extremely effective communicator across a range of audiences; strong presentation skills.
- Fluent in English.
- A tertiary qualification will be an added advantage.
A solid compensation package in line with current conditions within the Organisation.