AgriCAREERConnect: Interactive career events – where industry meets fresh minds
A full-day event where the private sector and industry organisations in agriculture and related fields can meet students and graduates.
5 September 2019 @ Future Africa, University of Pretoria
3 October, STIAS, Stellenbosch University
Where Industry meets Fresh Minds
- Short and powerful talks by experienced graduates throughout the day in the auditorium, sharing their career paths – students can attend presentations of choice.
- The event will be concluded by a high-profile speaker, followed by a cocktail networking event for industry and university staff.
- Small exhibits/mini-lounges expo style and breakaway rooms where companies can have one-on-one or group sessions with under- and postgraduate students and selected school learners. Outdoor exhibits (banners/gazebos) will create a festive environment. Student appointments for sessions with companies will be facilitated by using an online booking system.
- Integration of other disciplines, i.e. Engineering, Information Technology, GIS, B.Com.
- Target Group: Under- and postgraduate students in Agriculture, Food & Consumer Science, Forestry and Genetics, first year BSc Biological Science students Engineering students, and selected school learners with interest in Agricultural Sciences.
AgriCAREERConnect Student Appointment programme: Students can make appointments to visit companies for a group discussion (max 4). It is suggested that companies also make provision for bypassing and ‘walk-in’ students/graduates, although appointments will contribute to a more orderly system. Companies, therefore, need to make a staff member available for bypassing students/walk-ins