- Customised, shorter, industry-focused ACC programmes at industry events or at university campuses on invite
- Industry events: short career programmes of an hour or so where companies present and interact with students and live streaming for students who cannot attend
- Universities/training institutions: Enable students to attend events where possible, universities/ companies can suggest shorter ACC events on campuses
ACC @ Industry Events 2023
- CGA Citrus Summit Gqeberha (Port Elizabeth), 14-16 March (Completed)
- NAMPO Harvest Day, Bothaville, 16-18 May
- IFPA – International Fresh Produce Association Cape Town, 2-4 August
- AFMA Forum Sun City, 6-7 September
- Nampo Alfa (Livestock) Bothaville, 12-14 October
- SA Association for Food Science & Technology (SAAFoST) Career Roadshows KZN, Gauteng, Western Cape
- SAAFoST Congress Cape Town 28-30 August
ACC @ NAMPO Oesdag/Harvest Day, Bothaville, 16-18 May 2023
ACC will host short student events 16-18 May at Nampo Harvest Day in the Nampo Auditorium, with quick presentations by companies and lively panel discussions with Master of Ceremonies GP van Rheede van Oudtshoorn.
|Date and time||Focus area||Participating Companies|
|Tuesday 16 May Session 1 11:00-12:00||Animal Science, Animal Feeds, Breeding, Animal Health||DanBred (Tanya van der Walt, Operations), Red Meat Industry Services (Dewald Olivier CEO), Afrivet (Dr Didi Claassen, Head of Tech. Vet. Support), Elanco (Dr Alex Sly, Nutritional Advisor & Willem Kleyn, Trade Marketing Manager)|
|Tuesday 16 May Session 2 12:00-13:00||Agricultural value chain, Value-adding, Agribusiness, (processing, systems), Marketing & Trading||Grainvest Group (CJ de Villiers, Director), RussellStone Foods & Rica Meats (Prieur du Plessis, CEO, & Sonja Duvenage, Group Human Asset Manager), Grain SA, Afrivet (Dr Didi Claassen, Head of Tech. Vet. Support), Red Meat Industry Services, (Dewald Olivier, CEO), Aydi (Tommie Trollip).|
|Wednesday 17 May Session 1 14:00-15:00||Agricultural value chain, Value-adding, Agribusiness, (processing, systems), Marketing & Trading||Grainvest Group (CJ de Villiers, Director), RussellStone Foods & Rica Meats (Prieur du Plessis, CEO, & Sonja Duvenage, Group Human Asset Manager), Grain SA, Red Meat Industry Services (Dewald Olivier, CEO), Afrivet (Dr Didi Claassen, Head of Tech. Vet. Support), ABSA (Marlene Louw, Snr Agricultural Economist).|
|Thursday 18 May Session 1 11:00-12:00||Agronomy, Horticulture, Soil Science, Plant Pathology||
GrainSA, Spinneys Dubai (Angelique Ueckermann (Buyer), Aydi (Tommie Trollip), Syngenta – Sensako (Darius Zeelie).
STUDENT REGISTRATION ACC @ NAMPO 16-18 MAY
STUDENT REGISTRATION ACC @ NAMPO 16-18 MAY
- Students must register to attend any of the above sessions, due to limited seats. The Nampo Auditorium only takes 40-45 people. A total of 160 students can attend the events over the three days.
- Students are responsible for their own travel arrangements and NAMPO entrance fees, unless organised otherwise by your university.
- A T-shirt and a lunch snack voucher will only be available to the first 160 students who register to attend any of the three days’ sessions.
ACC & AFMA Student Outreach @ AFMA Forum , Sun City, 6-7 September
- Meet and interact with more than 22 final year students studying Animal Science and other disciplines.
- Participating Universities: UP, UFS, SU, UKZN, UL, UZ, Fort Hare (provisional)
- Companies engage with students at organised breakaway student events at AFMA Forum.
- Agrijob liaise with universities to identify students, and organise transport and accommodation.
- Cost to participate: R10 000 + VAT per student.
- Every student your company sponsor will do ‘exhibition duty’ at your company’s stand.
- Identify talent for 2024 and build HR pipeline with young bright minds.
- Build your company’s brand among young animal scientists, and the industry, by positioning company as a preferred employer.
- Every student your company sponsor will do ‘exhibition duty’ at your company’s stand – the more you sponsor, the more hands you have!
- Display your company’s banners at gatherings.
- Company logos printed on the AFMA Forum student T-shirt.
- Recognition in the final AFMA Forum programme.
- Obtain video footage of interaction between your company and students.
- Receive contact details of all the students attending the Forum, and live-streaming registered students.
Contact Marianne van der Laarse email@example.com Mobile 082 388 1000